Friday, March 18, 2011

Ho hum...

My mind has been swimming lately. I'm overwhelmed. I look at my workload, although it is manageable, I for some reason can't figure out how to manage it. This whole Sudan thing has really thrown me off. I'm excited, i'm nervous, i'm ready to hop on a plane and do the damn thing. But since i've busy thinking about Sudan, i'm having a hard time converting my attention to what I need to do now. Every morning I wake up hopeful that I will be back in the present, living and enjoying only to allow my mind to wander off as the day proceeds. My mind wanders to all that I need to do. Find a subletter for the summer while i'm gone, quit my job, finish my work, tie up any lose ends. I should be use to this, hell, I was a Peace Corps Volunteer but for some reason that feels totally different then it does now. With PC I knew it would be an extensive time that I would be gone. With this temporary assignment I have to do all that I did to prepare for my PC experience plus think about what I would do upon my return. UGH! I need a day to get it together. Too bad I don't have a day to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment