Thursday, October 6, 2016

The soundtrack to my life

There are certain songs that just resonate with your soul. These songs describe an event, experience, lesson learned, relationships, you name it this song or these songs speak to you. I love music. Literally spend about 80% of my day listening to music and the other times, i'm usually in a meeting or sleeping. Something about music just soothes me to no end. I can listen for hours lost or found in my thoughts just enjoying, just being.

Sometimes I wonder, if I had a soundtrack to my life what songs would make the cut? When there are hundreds of thousands of songs that you have connected with, how do you narrow it down to just 10 or 12? I'm pretty sure I would have to have a box collection but if I had to narrow my soundtrack down to 10 or 12 what would those be? I decided to challenge myself to determine to come up with the list and below is what I came up with. These songs are in no particular order...

1. One Republic- I Lived
2. Van Morrison- Brown Eyed Girl
3. India Arie- Video
4. Alanis Morrisette- Ironic
5. Anita Baker- Giving You the Best that I got
6. Carole King- Natural Woman 
7. Lupe Fiasco- The Show Goes On
8. Talib Kweli/Jean Grae- Black Girl Pain
9. DeBarge- I Like It
10. Hall and Oates- Sara Smile
11. Fleetwood Mac- Landslide
12. Maxwell- Pretty Wings

Bonus Track: Tracy Chapman-Talkin About a Revolution 

Who's going to burn me a cd?!

No comments:

Post a Comment