Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's that time of year to give thanks...

Hello all-
I hope this finds you all doing well as we approach this holiday season. I am at work and the ladies that are here are resting so figured this would be a good time to share with you all what I am thankful for. This will be my 4th Thanksgiving celebrating away from family and friends. I will be at the shelter I work at spending the holiday with 25 women who have no family to go to for the holiday. As I reflect on this, I realize that even though I will not be with those that I love and care about, I will be right where I am needed. I am thankful for the opportunity to spend the holiday with my larger family at Calvary Women's Services and in addition to being thankful for this....

I am thankful daily for being able to wake up and take a breath
I am thankful for my family who support me throughout all my various adventures, who deal with my transitions, lack of patience, and absence
I am thankful for my friends, spread all over the world, who have encouraged me when needed, provided a listening ear, and a good laugh
I am thankful to be a student pursuing a degree in a field I am passionate about
I am thankful for a job(s) to go to and a home to come home to
I am thankful for the women I work with who inspire and give me hope every time I walk in the door
I am thankful for good health for myself and those that I love and care about
I am thankful for my freedom and power of choice
I am thankful for those that give gifts to the world that I may or may not get to enjoy

I am thankful for having you as a part of my life. I hope your holiday is spent right where you're suppose to be, with those you choose to share it with.
Many blessings to you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment