Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The art of Goodbye

Tonight is my last night in Kuajok. I should be sleeping seeing as it is 1am, but thinking that this will be my last night here is keeping me up. I'm not good with the whole goodbye thing, I always say it's see you later, but that later, who knows when it will come. I'm not good with transitions, i'm not good with the whole packing up and leaving thing either. But for some reason, that seems to be the most constant thing in my life. I shouldn't complain seeing as I have been afforded the opportunity to meet some of the most amazing people along my journey. These people, at whatever point they have entered my life, have shown me something about the world and taught me something about myself. Today will be the first of many goodbyes as I prepare to depart South Sudan and although it's not easy, I will say goodbye knowing that the memories that were created during my time here will continue with me on the next journey and all the journeys to follow.

I don't know if this is the beginning of me settling down. I'm not sure I know how but I do know that i'm ready to move on to the thing that life has in store for me, whatever that and wherever that may be.





No comments:

Post a Comment