Friday, February 10, 2012

Back in the game.

When it rains it pours they say, I believe it except when you have control over the rain. It no longer is rain but a shower and you determine the pressure, the temp, and the length of time it lasts. I knew that when I was sick, that would be my final hurrah to really relax and not doing anything because the shower is on, hard, warm, and long. As I create sticky notes on my computer to remind me of all the impending deadlines I have coming up, meetings I have to attend and social activities to keep my sanity, I realized that no one in their right mind would do something like this to themselves. In the next month I have to prepare for an exam, write a proposal for a dual degree masters program to hopefully be implemented at the university I attend, conduct an assessment and analysis of education/life skills programs for homeless women, conduct surveys and write up the rationale for the education/life skills program I am creating for the shelter I work for in addition to writing up an assessment of current offerings in the area and to top it off I still have another class I have to do work for and 3 part time jobs (don't ask).

I called my mom telling her how i'm going to miss not sleeping 7-8 hours a night and she told me to suck it up basically (got to love the honesty). She then went on to tell me she did it with 4 kids, a home to manage and a full time job and that I have done it before so this is no different and that I can and will do it.

So I sit here with color coded sticky notes starring at me with a smile on my face. Although I have one heck of a month ahead of me, i'm doing and working on things i'm passionate about and things that will help me progress in my career. So....

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment