Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Taking a break

So as I type, i'm sick....again. This is the 2nd time in 3 months that I have had a knock me out cold/flu and although I would like to blame it on the population I work with, I can't put it all on them. See this is unusual seeing as i've been sick twice in the last 3 years. My immune system is rock solid but obviously something keeps penetrating it and I think i've figured it out. Trusting the signs that are put in front of me I can only assume that this is God way of saying slow down, take a breather, catch your bearings and get ready because what is about to happen is going to have you hit the ground running so fast, so hard that there won't be time for breaks. I know this is the case and as much as I want to pick up and begin doing some work while I lay in bed with a clouded head (a combo of the illness and the meds) something keeps telling me to wait, be patient because all that needs to get done will still be there tomorrow and will get done then.

Lately I have been stressing myself out with all that needs to get done along with a few other things. Being sick and not really capable of doing much has given me a good amount of time to think, straighten out all the loose wires and figure out just what it is I need to do. I was looking for full time work, finishing up licensure requirements for teaching, applying to teaching positions, working on my Capstone project (which is a project that shows the skills I have acquired in grad school, must pass with a B in order to graduate),an education assessment and program design for an organization that works with children in Nigeria, and having a social life including time with friends and dating. As I read all of that, whew! It's makes me tired and made me realize that I need to cut out some things. So the full-time job search was the first thing to go. I have 2 part-time jobs currently and may pick up a temporary part-time job for a month. My bills including rent are paid up so I have until September or so to really start worrying about it (besides the no healthcare aspect). So financially i'm set and comfortable with where I am now. I technically have until the beginning of the school year to get my license, I won't until the last minute but that has been pushed back slightly in my priorities. My deadline for the Nigeria project has been pushed back as well, leaving the capstone and teacher application the two things remaining. Capstone is ongoing and as long as I dedicate a significant amount of time to it weekly I should be good and the teacher application opens tomorrow so I hope to submit that by the end of the week and have it off of my plate. I'm still finding that balance with my social life and everything else, dating is not a priority for sure. If it happens it happens but I obviously don't have all that much time to devote to any one individual or trying to nurture a relationship. It's all coming together, finally. There's a clear direction and some logical steps to follow. My mind is no longer swimming all over the place and now has a central focus...phew. Going to enjoy have a legitimate excuse for not doing anything, back to being sick until tomorrow when the fun begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment