Sunday, May 8, 2011

Scooting along

What to write...hmmm...in about 8 1/2 hours I will be on plane with the final destination being Sudan. During the preparations this past week, my mind has been all over the place and there were so many things that I wanted to write to update this blog but for some reason it is all escaping me at the moment. I feel weird, like i'm in a movie or something. Am I really heading back to Africa? It feels surreal but that may stem from the anti-malaria medicine throwing my reality off a bit...hmmm..i'm going to Sudan! What the hell? Who spends their summer vacation in what we hope is being a post-conflict society?Am I crazy? probably just a little. Am I excited? hell yeah..opportunity of a lifetime. Am I scared? yes and no. I'm relatively at peace with the decision that I made and where i'm going, i'm scared because i'm walking into the unknown. Am I ready? As ready as I can get.

See as i'm suffering from a serious case of writer's block at the moment, i'm going to end here. I promise to do a better job in the future of capturing my thoughts before they escape me. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment