Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Finally....Peace and Clarity

If you couldn't tell by a few of my last blog posts, i've been a bit overwhelmed. Ok, not a bit but a lot. A lot more overwhelmed then I think I have ever been. Things usually come easy, or I can easily roll with the punches but this time around, it's been harder to just roll with it. There were so many things on my plate to think about, more especially the next step including my career, relationships, where i'll be when. I always have some sort of plan but lately, this plan that I created I found myself questioning it a lot. Trying to determine whether the plan I was creating was the right plan for me. I realized that a lot of this conflict stemmed from not wanting to let those around me down and a lot of where society expects me to be and how it expects me to be. There are some things that I can be certain about...Yes, I will make my way back overseas. I'm not going to lie, I feel out of place here. My thought process, my attitude toward life just in general, the states is home but doesn't feel like home and i'm not going to lie to myself about that. I'm not in a hurry to get back overseas though. There are relationships here that I would like to nurture more and there are things here that I would still like to do. How long will I be in DC? At least a year if not 2 or 3 or 4. Now that i'll be graduating, I will have a lot more time on my hands to enjoy this city and more than just the night life. I find that I enjoy a city so much more when the stress of a student is gone so i'm looking forward to that chapter ending and beginning the next chapter...here in DC.

In terms of my career, well, I've been a spoiled brat when it comes to this. Who complains about having too many opportunities? I mean no one is knocking down my door, but giving my experiences I'm in a better place than a lot of people when it comes to securing some type of employment. I'm allowing myself to be picky and find the opportunity that looks like the right fit for me. Although I would enjoy going back to teaching, DC is not an easy place to do it and although I will (hopefully) be fully licensed here, I want to make sure that the school and placement are the right fit for me as well so we will see where I end up in September.

For now, i'm going to stop and smell the roses. I have a couple more months left in being a student and although life has been stressful, it hasn't been all that bad. Time to enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment