Friday, May 12, 2017

If not now, when?




Message in response to a meeting with accountability group...figured this was also a good place to share. Enjoy 😀


As I was reflecting on the conversations of the group, the question " If not now, when?" kept popping up. One of the greatest attributes and greatest downfalls of my mom is that she was very much about doing things when the spirit moved her but also very much inhibited by fear to do the things she always wanted.

I think there is a little bit of both in all of us. We have so many ideas, so many desires, so many things we hope to accomplish but then become overwhelmed by the enormity of it all and as result find excuses or reasons why we are unable to do something. Obviously the result of this is being stuck. Getting stuck in a space of just saying but not doing, stuck in a space of wonder and not reality. Stuck watching life pass us by instead of living the life we desire. 

As I continue to support my mom through this experience (journey, transition, I don't know what to call it) I can't help but wonder what I can do to make life more meaningful, to take advantage of all that I have in front of me, to make the most of the moment... and it circles back to the question "If not now, when?" 
I'm compiling a list of things that I would like to accomplish and being more mindful of not putting off things that can easily be taken care of. Every time I feel an excuse start to pop in my mind I ask myself "If not now, when?" (like last night when I was going to skip the gym because my me time is limited but technically being at the gym is me time...so yes me and the gym reunited after a brief break)

I hope that as you continue on your journeys, you take advantage of all that you have in front you. Go after your desires, make memories with those you care about, and challenge the ego aka excuses so you're no longer inhibited by them but motivated to move past them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment