Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I remember me.

I didn't think I would write before the new year, but here I am. As the new year approaches, one is innudated with the whole "what's your resolution going to be?" and as much as I prefer not to make them, this year may be a bit different. I like to set goals, I like reaching those goals and being able to look back at the path it took me to get there. A resolution is nothing but a goal and this year I know just exactly what goal I am setting.

Every goal I have set, I have achieved. From getting into my first choice college, to Peace Corps, to grad school and South Sudan. Although there are several things that I would like to have at this point in my life-stability, a career I love and no student debt, an amazing PNC (partner in crime) I have confidence that will all come in time and that I just need to be patient. I have no big goals for this year except to focus more on me. Most people have no problem doing this, they are their first priority, I on the other hand have a hard time making me my first priority. Of course I do things that make me happy but I have made others and serving others, a priority. There are so many things that I need to work on and because my focus has been others, I have neglected myself. I feel neglected and the only way to change that is to make myself the priority. I need to find my center, re-ignite my passion and get myself together-Mind, body, and spirit- and that is what 2012 will be about. I'm looking forward to this renewed sense of self and the recharge that will come with it.

So here's to remembering me in 2012...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment