Sunday, June 5, 2011

For the ladies...

As a woman it's easy to say your worth so much more, but until you start believing and begin acting like it's true, it doesn't mean anything.-Courtney Wright( yep me! I thought it and i'm saying it, i'm believing it and will begin acting like its the truth)

I have stated before that birthdays are my favorite time of year, it's good to have a day that marks your life, a day that is tangible and allows for you to look back and say I made it. I made it through a year of whatever ups and downs and on this day, I am beginning a new year. A new year to take what I have learned from the past and put whatever lessons learned into action.

I'm not going to go into the nitty gritty of what the above thought stemmed from, just know that a few times this year I have made the same decision and had the same outcome. Although at the time I thought this outcome was the opposite of what I wanted only to realize shortly there after that it was the exact outcome that was needed for me to learn the above lesson. After one time you say it's a fluke, after a 2nd you starting questioning all inputs, and the 3rd time you question yourself. I have been questioning myself and I came up with my answer.

I have said it before but sometimes saying it doesn't mean you believe it. As a woman, I (and i'm sure others) forget their value and allow people to come into their lives and determine what that value is. Any woman should feel that her worth, her value, is priceless, but that's not always the case and that wasn't always the case with me. As I move forward into this new year, I am going to work towards putting me first, truly valuing myself, and not allowing others to dictate how or what I should feel about myself. If someone chooses to treat me less than what I believe I deserve, then I need to make the moves to ensure that I don't act in a manner that allows this to happen. So with 2 days left in the first half of my 20s, I will bid farewell to the voices and actions that make me feel less than i'm worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment